- 20Hz - 20kHz +/- 3dB
- Omnidirectional pattern
- 26 dBA - 120 dBA performance in two ranges
- NC Limit: Below NC29
- Two gain ranges, 26-104 dBA, and 49-120 dBA
- Mono input signal, present at both Left and Right iOS device input channels
- 3.5mm (1/8") stereo analog output jack (full volume level)
- Low-distortion output
iOS Device Charging
- 1.3mm 5.0V charging input jack supplies up to 2.1A @5V to iOS devices
- Requires 3.5A 5V pin+ power adapter (included)
- Excellent immunity to cell phone RF noise
- Factory calibration stored internally, calibrated with a NIST-tracable 94.0 dB pressure-compensated calibrator
- 1/2" nominal size, fits all standard calibrators
- Consumes less than 90ma in use
- 1.0m (37”) Lightning cable length
- iPhone 5, 5C, 5S, 6, 6s Plus, 7 Plus
- iPad Mini 2
- iPad Air
- iPod Touch 5th & 6th generation
The dual-gain range mic preamp, A/D converters, D/A converters and USB digital audio interface are all contained within the mic itself, so no Apple analog electronics are used. This lets us bypass the heavy filtering and compression that are normally in use, and also to store calibration values that are read by software.
iTestMic2 is equivalent to having a pro Type 2-class test & measurement mic, low-noise matched preamp with two fixed gain ranges, A/D converter, DAC, and USB digital audio interface, all combined in one portable device.
iTestMic2 meets ANSI / ISO Type 2 specifications for frequency response, linearity, and directional characteristics. We do not guarantee that this microphone can meet the strict environmental requirements of Type 2 or Type 1.
See our Microphone Type 1 & 2 Certification page for more information about ANSI and ISO specification compatibility.